An event at FoAM Kernow in their ongoing investigation into weaving and coding, and help build “Tanglebots” from recycled e-waste, Raspberry Pi computers and electronics. This workshop is part of their contribution to British Science Week.
This event forms a messy introduction into weaving, robotics and coding. Tanglebots are prototype/failed weaving robots (weaving is quite hard, so we are starting with tangles and to see what patterns emerge). Prizes will be given in various categories for autonomous tangle creation:
- Most artistic tangle formed.
- High speed tangling category.
- Most technical effort with least impressive result.
- Most people/things incorporated (willingly or otherwise) into tangle.
- Least untangleable tangle.
- Best effort at untangling.
How to run this workshop: